Brian's Aunt Minta has been trying to get Brian and I to join her in a triathlon for four years. The first year we were maried we did the Boise YMCA Spudman Triathlon as a team. Our friend Beca did the swim. Brian road on a nice road bike with clips for the first time, and I did the 10 K run. We had a great time doing it but we knew it would be pretty difficult to do the whole thing without some training. The following summer I was pregnant with Abby. The summer after that I was pretty wrapped up in taking care of Abby. Last Summer I was very preganant with Scott. So this summer had to be it. It was now or maybe never. So we started training in February....and then we just hit one obsticle after another.
Perhaps the biggest obsticle was we decided to move to a bigger house. Moving is a VERY big job! We stopped training for at least a month. Then there was a the yard work we felt so obligated to get done on our acre of weeds. If that wasn't bad enough Brian was struggling with an injured hamstring. I had planter faciatis in both feet, which meant I had to wear orthotics. I had to strengthen my feet enough to handle running 6 miles without hurting them. I also had to wear moleskin because my orthotics gave me blisters.
Perhaps the biggest obsticle was we decided to move to a bigger house. Moving is a VERY big job! We stopped training for at least a month. Then there was a the yard work we felt so obligated to get done on our acre of weeds. If that wasn't bad enough Brian was struggling with an injured hamstring. I had planter faciatis in both feet, which meant I had to wear orthotics. I had to strengthen my feet enough to handle running 6 miles without hurting them. I also had to wear moleskin because my orthotics gave me blisters.


No comments:
Post a Comment